• Equipment checkout and returns may only take place during the regular hours of operation.
• Equipment borrowed from the MEC must only be returned to a lending assistant on duty in the MEC, and not to any other location or person on campus. Never drop off equipment outside of the MEC when the room is closed.
• Equipment must be returned the next business day. Items borrowed on a Friday are due the following Monday.
• Permission to borrow equipment for longer periods of time must be obtained before signing out the equipment.
• A late fee of $10 is assessed per item, per day. Borrowing privileges are suspended until late fees have been paid. The maximum late fee for an item is the replacement cost of the item.
• Items are not considered returned until all parts and accessories associated with the item are also returned. Overdue fees will accrue until missing parts are returned or replacements are ordered.
• Equipment may be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance. For special arrangements, contact an MEC administrator.
By signing out equipment, you agree to:
• Accept full responsibility for those items. This includes covering any costs related to loss, damage, or theft.
• Handle equipment with care, as outlined in the Equipment Care and Handling guidelines
• Return equipment on time
The Media Equipment Center reserves the right to refuse service to borrowers who fail to abide by the guidelines described above.